Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book List and other things

So tonight Nicole and I have both decided to read from a book list. I have chosen Oprah's which I talked about in a previous post. Nicole is a much fast much more focused reader then I am. It has never been a strong suit for me. I get distracted way to easily. So I put together an excel spread sheet to keep track of the books and rate the ones I like the most. I normally don't do fancy paper work but after putting an actual budget together it felt like the right thing to do. So now I have 2 "to do" lists. It is interesting having a reading list, it is sorta like the summer reading list I got as a kid. Getting summer reading lists some summers was awful but other times I was very excited to getreading . I read some of my favorite books during those summers, The Pearl and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, 1984, Catcher in the Rye, and so many more. It grew harder and harder for me to read and interestingly enough when I started doing theater I stopped reading as much as I had. I sometimes wonder if maybe my love for all literature began and ended in the theater. I see that now that I am further away from the production aspect of the theater I am way more into reading. I would love to say that I am doing a book a week but I am not sure that will be the case. 3 of the books on Oprah's List are by Bill Cosby, I wanted to feel like I knocked them of the list quickly, I have. So after this weekend I should have at least 4 books done and the 5th will be started. So I am hoping that I will find the love of reading I once had all those summers ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment