Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is not my job...

So one thing I have personally never been good at is saying no. No I will not do six hours more work because you don't want to. No I will not buy you lunch. No I will not give you XYZ. I always have said yes. Have always been willing to drop everything to help others. For at least the month of January if not longer I am going to make the effort to not handling other peoples emergencies. I am going to start saying I am sorry but I don't have time to help you right now, if it can wait I will be happy to help you figure it out in 24hrs or why don't you see if someone else has time to help you. I did this today for the very first time. I said no I will not handle this, please ask someone else to help you. I felt guilty but at the same time I didn't have to stop what I was doing to handle someones "emergency" . I accomplished an entire project in one day! It is a step in the right direction and hopefully will continue to make my life easier.

Okay that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment