Monday, January 10, 2011

Fighting myself

It feels like every year I say this is the year I will get my finances in check. Well, this has to be the year. Today I have buried my credit cards. I have taken them from my wallet and placed them in the back of my closet. I probably will need to just tear them up and throw them away. But this year I will gain back my credit freedom. I don't think my credit debt is completely awful but it is causing me to live paycheck to paycheck. If I can get rid of the $5000 in debt my life will be so different. Right now I am just barely able to make it each month. I am going to have to say no to a lot of fun things for a bit but I think if I can get control of my debt I will have the freedom to do a lot more. I might look into a personal loan to consolidate all of the debt into one payment. At this point one total payment might be better then 3-4 separate payments. A little research and some time and I will figure it out. I also need to have a better working knowledge of my credit score. I checked it a while back and it wasn't so good. I am not sure the last year has made much difference but it's a necessary thing to know. I am gonna spend today a bit of time researching ways to get out of debt and how to pay off credit cards. I think if I can keep myself busy with the things I have I will be fine. Blogging, running, crafting, cleaning, all sorts of things that I can do for free in this town with out dropping a credit card on the table to pay for something. It will not be easy but yesterday was the last shopping trip for awhile, sorry Nicole. I need to do this. I need to be free of the debt I have been carrying since college.

No comments:

Post a Comment